There is no question; we must have laws in place to maintain an orderly society. However, you might be surprised to learn what things are actually illegal in Michigan. Sure, there are standard laws on the books, but there are lots of weird laws in Michigan, too. That’s right, there are some illegal things in Michigan that are quite unusual, and will, no doubt, leave you shaking your head.
12) Any person 12 years and older can have a license for a handgun so long as that person has not been convicted of a felony.
11) It’s against the law to willfully destroy an old radio in Detroit.
10) It’s illegal to scowl at a woman in Detroit.
9) It’s illegal to throw an abandoned hoop skirt onto the street or sidewalk in South Haven. Violators will receive a $5-fine.
8) Alligators are not allowed to be tied to a fire hydrant in Detroit
7) It is illegal to cuss in front of women or children.
6) It’s against the law to paint sparrows and sell them as parakeets in Harper Woods.
5) Pigs cannot run free in Detroit unless they have a ring in their nose.
4) It’s illegal to serenade your girlfriend in Kalamazoo.
3) Farmers are allowed to sleep with their farm animals in Clawson.
2) All bathing suits must be inspected by the head of police in Rochester.
1) Robbers can file a lawsuit if he or she is injured on your property.
So, did you know about these weird laws in Michigan? Ever unknowingly broken any of them? Know of some other illegal things in Michigan that should be taken off the books? Tell us!
Strange things about Michigan don’t end with weird laws in Michigan. Click here to read about 11 of the weirdest places you can go in Michigan.
The post 12 Crazy Laws In Michigan That Will Leave You Shaking Your Head appeared first on Only In Your State.